Steel Rivers COG / Tri-COG Land Bank –
Marketing and Community Relations Manager
The Steel Rivers Council of Governments (SRCOG) and Tri-COG Land Bank (TCLB) are looking for a
Marketing and Community Relations Manager to manage community outreach and communications with
members and partners. The SRCOG and TCLB are distinct and separate organizations that share staffing
services. While the responsibilities and qualifications needed will be similar, this position will include
responsibilities for each organization. The SRCOG and TCLB are looking to fill the position by January
Marketing and Communications:
- Carry out marketing and communications strategies that promote and elevate SRCOG and TCLB
to local, regional, and national audiences.
- Build and maintain working relationships with editorial staff and reporters from local, regional,
and national media outlets, manage media relations and develop material for press releases.
- Coordinate with SRCOG and TCLB’s marketing consultants to assist in the development and
implementation of marketing strategies. This will include overseeing design, production and
distribution of digital and print marketing materials and collateral.
- Manage social media accounts and update regularly.
Community Outreach and Member Relations:
- Identify and build relationships with potential partners and/or members. This will include
representing the SRCOG and TCLB at meetings and events to connect with other organizations,
learn about new initiatives, and provide updates and information on SRCOG and TCLB.
- Promote SRCOG/TCLB and its programs to potential partners, funders and members. This will
include developing promotional materials to present at council and board meetings, community
meetings, events and conferences.
- Provide updates to members and partners directly and through the use of social media,
newsletters, and other outreach material.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and implement fundraising activities to support the
mission and goals of TCLB and SRCOG
- Research and identify potential new funding sources and develop and maintain professional
relationships with foundations, government agencies in development initiatives
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and other key staff, write funding proposals to
private foundations, corporations and the government
- Develop and maintain an annual calendar of grant submissions, reports and related activities to
ensure timely submission of required materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, Journalism, English, Public Relations, Public
Administration, or other similar field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Writing skills, grant writing experience helpful
- Must own or have access to a vehicle/transportation to attend meetings with TCLB members
Salary & Benefits:
This is a regular full-time position. SRCOG offers excellent employee benefits, including health
insurance, retirement plan contribution, and paid holidays and sick leave. SRCOG is an equal
opportunity employer, committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. Qualified individuals
who bring diverse perspectives and have a passion for working with local communities are especially
encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Marketing and Community
Relations Manager” in the subject line. The cover letter should be no more than two pages, but should
explain why you are the best candidate for this position and why you want to work with the Tri- COG
Land Bank, Steel Rivers COG, and our team.
Steel Rivers Council of Governments
The Steel Rivers Council of Governments works throughout its nineteen member municipalities to
coordinate efforts and implement programs that address regional challenges. SRCOG provides shared
resources and services to alleviate the burdens on local governments. SRCOG operates a training
complex for police departments, provides street sweeping services, and administers grant funding. In
response to the prevalence of blight throughout the region, SRCOG co-founded the Tri-COG Land Bank
Tri-COG Land Bank
The Tri-COG Land Bank works to eliminate blight by transitioning vacant and blighted properties to a
beneficial reuse. The TCLB works strategically to acquire properties and develop plans that correspond
with community priorities and needs. The TCLB currently owns 31 properties and is in the process of
marketing its first properties for sale.