Who is eligible?
- Any municipality within Allegheny County who is also a member of a Council of Governments.
- The corresponding school district must be a member of Land Bank
- Any School District within Allegheny County
- School Land Bank Members are coordinated with the Municipal Land Bank Member that has overlapping geographical jurisdiction with the School District.
By becoming a member of the TCLB you must agree to the following:
- Discharge unpaid taxes and other public liens on properties the Land Bank acquires
- Remit 50% of the taxes for up to 5 years on properties the TCLB has successfully put back to productive use
- Participate in the annual contribution to the Land Bank
- A written request must be submitted to the Chair of the Land Bank to be approved for membership by the Land Bank Board.
- Voting for new Land Bank Membership shall take place prior to the second quarter of the calendar year.
- If approved, the Land Bank shall provide a template Ordinance or Resolution, which authorizes signing the Tri-COG Land Bank Intergovernmental Cooperation Agreement (ICA). The governing body of the Tax/Municipal Claim Jurisdiction shall adopt the Ordinance or Resolution, sign the ICA and provide an official copy of its Ordinance or Resolution to the Executive Director of the Land Bank.
- For more information please email email@example.com